Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Prayers of a Child

Before I get started with my self-righteous rant about government-funded health care, I have to tell you about the funniest thing that happened last night.

We decided to let Abby start praying for a baby brother or sister and then in about four months or so we will tell her that God answered her prayers. So last night we all sat on her bed and she prayed this sweet little prayer. "Dear Jesus, bring me a baby to live at my house...please". Short, sweet, and to the point, right? After her prayer, she told us that she wanted a tiny baby...something that could fit in her hand. I asked her if the baby should be the size of a grape, but she said, "no, I want it to be the size of a bwana". So then she closes her eyes again and says, "Dear Jesus, please bring me a bwana baby, please". Then she promptly opened her eyes, sat on the edge of her bed, crossed her arms, and said, "I'm gonna wait for my bwana baby now!". Seriously, how cute is that. The faith of a child is so pure and innocent. Abby fully expected her "bwana baby" to drop in her lap at any second.

Stay tuned for the rant. I'm sure you won't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Too cute! Don't you just love the things that they come up with!