Today sucks! Ok, the last few days have sucked. Abby has been sick. Apparently she just has a cold, but yesterday her temp was 102.7. Is that really just a cold or something more ominous? Yesterday she could only lie on the couch, watching TV, and moaning. Very pitiful actually. This morning? Jumping on my bed, singing/talking/making noise since 6 a.m. nonstop! I guess all that unused energy had to go somewhere. Thankfully she's fine now. We went to the pediatrician this morning, who said it was just a cold, but decided to freak out instead about her skin...again! Yes. I know. Abby has eczema. But it isn't bad, just a few dry patches and occasionally a few spots on her face where she picks at at, which I think is more of a result of
her OCD tendencies than dry skin. Stop throwing medications at me thankyouverymuch! I can't tell you how many tubes of hydrocortisone cream, antibiotic ointments, and lotions lying around the house. I don't need any more.
To top it all off, the pedi started asking me about Abby's speech. What the crap?!?! We came in for a cold, not to have her speech picked apart. The pedi thinks that Abby might have a speech problems. She wants me to start keeping track of words that she has problems with and help her learn to say them correctly. If there is no change by June, she wants her to have a speech evaluation and possibly speech therapy a few times a week! Ok, so if there is a problem I would want to take care of it while she is still young. I don't want her to get teased later in life that could have been prevented. But still. She is only three. Does she have to have perfect speech right now? Grrr.
Fine. I'll be a responsible mother and compile of list of words that Abby mispronounces (which, by the way, I think is adorable!) It's a small list, but I'm sure it will grow as I start to pay more attention to how she pronounces things. She can pronounce R's and L's, but it's easier for her to use a W sound.
Sural - Cereal
Yewo - Yellow
Stree - Three
TWee - TV
Dwess - Dress
-------------------------------------------------------
Ok. I'm done with that. On to more pleasant things.
Today is my baby brother's 18th birthday! Not so much a baby anymore, huh? There are 9 years between our ages and even though that sounds like a lot, I wouldn't have it any other way. I remember my 9-year-old self holding that little bundle of ugly baby (sorry, but it's true. he looked like an old man!) and falling completely in love. There was nothing I liked better than to play with him and make him laugh. The same holds true today. He's more than just my brother, he's really my friend. And there's nothing more special than that.
Was that too sappy? Cause I'm thinking about just copying that paragraph into his birthday card? :-)
AAAA! Would someone please take this bag of chips away from me, slap me, and remind me that there is no way I'll lose any weight shoveling those things in my mouth like there's no tomorrow. Thank you.
Crap...I think Abby is awake now. Gotta go. Bye!
2 comments:
He he he. Sounds like my really bad weekend has moved on to your house!!!
1) I wouldn't have thought Abby has a speech problem from us hanging around her.
2) I think the paragraph about your baby bro is really sweet. Since he's an 18 year old boy he may not share your sentiments but I still think you should put it in his card.
3) Your whole post is why I hate taking Amelia to the Dr!!!!!
4) A few chips or even the whole bag never hurt anyone. :) Add some chocolate to the mix and it'll be just right!!!
Vic...hopefully the bad mood has left your house to come to us, and we can send it off to someone else soon.
As for the speech thing, she does have a little lisp, but it's still kinda cute. Not something that I would have thought we would need speech therapy for! Doctors! Grr!
Post a Comment